Summer Cheer is an initiative between Rothesay Foundation and Iceland Foods Ltd.
In terms of data protection, the Rothesay Foundation will handle your personal data. Iceland does not receive any personal data about you.
Rothesay Foundation is a registered charity (no. 1189490). Registered address is: The Post Building, 100 Museum Street, WC1A 1PB.
If you have any questions about the way we handle your data as the sole controller you can email on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone us on 0800 098 7877
What data do we process and why?
We may use your information for a number of different purposes, which may include:
- When you phone our call centre to claim your voucher, you will be asked a few questions to confirm your eligibility, including your age. If you are not eligible then we will collect no personal data about you.
- If you are eligible then we will ask for your name and address so we can send the voucher, along with some other helpful advice for you.
- We will also ask you if you are happy for your data to held for inclusion in any future campaigns we may run. If you agreed, we will also ask for your preferred method of contact and those details if not already provided such as an e-mail address or alternate phone number.
- We may check the information we have collected about you against third party sources so we can ensure that the information we hold about you is up to date and accurate.
- The data may be used to check for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime.
How long do we keep the data for?
Your information will be kept for no longer than is necessary for the purposes it was collected for. The length of time we retain your personal information for is determined by operational and legal considerations, as well as best practice.
For example, we are legally required to hold some type of information to fulfil our statutory and regulatory obligations (e.g. fraud detection).
Further reasons we may retain personal information include:
- For our auditing purposes
- Evidence in defence of a legal claim
- Ensuring you are suppressed from being contacted for future campaigns
If you would like to know more about how long we hold your personal data for please email us at email@example.com
Lawful basis for processing
Data protection law requires us to rely on one or more lawful grounds to process your personal information. We consider the following grounds to be relevant:
- Specific Consent: to retain your data so that we can contact you for future campaigns. You can withdraw this consent at any time by emailing us on firstname.lastname@example.org or phoning us on 0800 098 7877.
- Legal Obligation: Where necessary so that we can comply with a legal or regulator obligation which we are subject to, for example the detection of fraud under The Fraud Act 2006.
- Legitimate Interest: We consider our legitimate interests to be running Rothesay Foundation as a charitable organisation in pursuit of our aims and ideals. For example:
- Checking your eligibility for the voucher
- To be able to send you the voucher
- Conduct research to better understand our services and improve on future campaigns
- To ensure that the data we hold is accurate
When we legitimately process your personal information in these ways, it does not infringe on your individual rights.
We do use other companies to work on our behalf such as the call centre. These are under contract with us and the control of your data remains with Rothesay Foundation at all times.
We do not transfer your data outside of the UK.
We will not share data outside these companies without your agreement, unless we identify a risk to your wellbeing, or we are obliged to do so by law.
As a data subject you have rights in respect of our processing of your personal data.
- Your right of access - you have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification - you have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure - you have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing - you have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing - you have the right to object to our processing your information if the legal basis is legitimate interests.
- Your right to data portability - this only applies to information you have given us. You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us from one organisation to another, or give it to you. The right only applies if we are processing information based on your consent or under a contract, or in talks about entering into one, and the processing is automated.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint about our processing with a supervisory authority - in the UK that is the ICO whose details are here:
If you want to exercise any of these rights, please just contact us at email@example.com