We strive to provide excellent service to our policyholders at all times. Unfortunately, things do sometimes go wrong but, when they do, we aim to investigate and resolve any issues swiftly and fairly. Please see the table below for details of the number of complaints we received and resolved in the first half of 2022.
Firm Name: Rothesay Life Plc
Other firms included in this report: Not applicable
Period covered in this report: 1 January 2022 - 30 June 2022
Brands/trading names covered: Rothesay
|Product/Service Grouping||Number of complaints opened by volumes of business||Number of complaints opened||Number of complaints closed||Percentage closed within 3 days||Percentage closed after 3 days but within 8 weeks||Percentage upheld||Main cause of complaints opened|
|Banking and credit cards||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a|
|Insurance and pure protection||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a|
|Decumulation and pensions||1.31||428||418||15.6%||84.4%||30.6%||General admin / customer service|
- Banking and credit cards - current accounts, credit cards, overdrafts, packaged accounts, savings (including Individual Savings Accounts (ISA)) and other banking products.
- Home Finance - equity release, impaired credit, second and subsequent charge, other regulated home finance products and other unregulated home finance products.
- Insurance & Pure Protection - payment protection insurance, income protection and other accident sickness and unemployment, whole of life/term assurance/critical illness, protection packaged multi products and other pure protection products.
- Decumulation & Pensions - workplace personal pensions (e.g. SIPP's, SHP's, PPP's), non-workplace personal pensions (e.g. SIPP's, SHP's, PPP's), trust based pensions (e.g. occupational and defined benefit), pensions packaged multi products, other pensions, annuities (including enhanced and impaired), drawdown and uncrystallised funds pension lump sum (UFPLS), third way products (e.g. investment linked, variable, fixed term), decumulation packaged multi products and other decumulation products.
- Investments - investment bonds, endowments, ISAs (where investment held), investment trusts, unit trusts / Open Ended Investment Companies (OEICs), structured products, exchange-traded products (ETPs), discretionary management services, non-discretionary management services, platforms, crowdfunding / peer to peer, foreign exchange (FX) / certificate of deposit (CD) / fixed deposit (FD), spreadbetting, undertakings for collective investment in transferable securities (UCITS), investment packaged multi products and other investment products/funds.
Definition of headings
- Number of complaints opened by volume of business - number of complaints opened per 1000 policies in force at the reporting date end.
- Number of complaints opened - the total number of new reportable complaints we received during the reporting period.
- Number of complaints closed - the total number of reportable complaints which we investigated and issued a final response, confirming the outcome of that investigation. This may be higher than the number received if we had some investigations still in progress at the start of the reporting period.
- Complaints closed within 3 days (%) - this is the % of complaints we completed within 3 working days of first receiving them.
- Complaints closed after 3 days but within 8 weeks (%) - this is the % of complaints we completed after 3 working days but within 8 working weeks of first receiving them.
- Closed complaints upheld by firm (%) - this is the % of complaints where, after an investigation by our specialist complaints team, we agree we had been at fault.
- Cause of complaints - this is the main cause of customers complaining.