At Rothesay we pride ourselves on excellent policyholder service. Unfortunately, sometimes things do go wrong. When they do we try to learn from the incident to prevent something similar happening again.
Our complaints process follows the standards expected by our regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). The FCA defines a complaint as any oral or written expression of dissatisfaction, whether justified or not, about the provision of, or failure to provide, a financial service, in which the complainant alleges they have suffered (or may suffer) financial loss, material distress or material inconvenience.
If you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by phone, email or post using the contact details on any of the letters you have received from us. If you do not have our contact details to hand, please use our Contact page.
If we receive a complaint from you, we will:
- Acknowledge your complaint promptly
- Investigate your complaint and endeavour to send a final response to you within 4 weeks of receipt of your complaint. If we are unable to provide you with a final response within this timeframe we will send you an update
- Try to send a final response to you within 8 weeks of receipt of your complaint. If we are unable to provide you with a final response within this timeframe, we will write to you explaining why and advise you when you can expect a final response
Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS)
If more than 8 weeks from the date of your complaint has passed and you haven’t received a final response, or you are dissatisfied with the final response you have received (at any stage of the process) you can contact the FOS.
If you wish to refer your complaint to the FOS, you must do so within 6 months of our final response letter.
Please note that we will let you know if, given the specific nature of your complaint, we believe The Pensions Ombudsman would be more appropriate than the FOS for you to contact should you wish to escalate your complaint.
Contacting the FOS
- You can write to: Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) , Exchange Tower, London E14 9SR
- You can use their online complaint form
- You can call:
|0800 023 4 567
calls to this number are now free on mobile phones and landlines
|0300 123 9 123
calls to this number cost no more than calls to 01 and 02 numbers
|+44 20 7964 0500
if calling from abroad
Information on the number of complaints we receive
Compared to other firms in our industry we receive a low number of complaints relative to the number of policyholders we have.