Positive progress made on our Pathway to Net Zero
Our second annual Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) report includes details of the positive progress we have made against the carbon reduction commitments outlined in our ‘Pathway to Net Zero’ strategy.
Key milestones reported include:
- 7% reduction in the Carbon Intensity (CI) of Rothesay’s investment portfolio
- £30.6bn invested in the UK economy
- Certified CarbonNeutral® status for Rothesay’s own operations which also achieved net-zero status for the next ten years through a partnership with Climeworks, the leading ‘direct air capture’ company
- The Rothesay Foundation’s pilot campaign in Lambeth to help local pensioners in need which was followed by the nationwide ‘Summer Cheer’ campaign, donating £2 million worth of Iceland vouchers to 80,000 pensioners living in poverty
- 92% of employees said they were proud to work for Rothesay